Saturday, February 28, 2015

Learn from my exeriences

I know I said that the next blog would be "Congratulations on passing your exam! Now its time to interview with brokers!" But I learned something that I would like to share. 

Before or after you take your exam, you need to get your fingerprints done. You can do it at any Pearson View location, and they will send it directly to TREC. It usually takes about 7-10 days for the back ground check to go though. Sometimes longer, sometimes shorter. It depends on TREC and how backed up they are.

So this is where I want you to learn from my experiences. After I found out that I passed my exam, I called Keller Williams and told them that I was a new agent and that I wanted to interview with them. They scheduled an interview for a week out. This is not a normal time frame. The person that I was going to interview with, was out of town for a convention.

When I got there, they told me all about Keller Williams and gave me all the payments that I will need to make. They logged on to the TREC website so that they could download my license, but they couldn't find my license information. They then asked me if I did my fingerprinting. I completely forgot that's what you have to do to get your license. So, I was able to start training, but I wasn't able to do any of the homework until I got my license. You are not allowed to practice Real Estate until you have an active license.

After I submitted my fingerprints, I didn't get my letter from TREC until about 10 days from the time I submitted them. So because I forgot that I needed my fingerprinting done, It took me close to a month to get my license after I passed my exam. I passed my exam on the 6th, had my interview on the 17th, started training on the 18th, did my fingerprints on the 19th, and got my license on the 24th. 

So you should try to schedule you fingerprints on the same day that you take your exam. It will save you a lot of time, energy, and driving in the long run. 

When you do finally get your license, you should go interview with a couple Real Estate firms to see which would be right for you. I strongly recommend Keller Williams. They now have the best training program in the nation over all industries, not just Real Estate. They have a sincere open door policy, and they work with a great amount of vendors to help you out. 

But please keep in mind if you go with Keller Williams, that you will be paying a good amount of money upfront for it. You pay for the training, but that includes business cards, a photo shoot, name badge, key deposit and 4 weeks of training.

Hope this post helped! Now stay tuned for the next blog: Congratulations on passing your exam! Now its time to interview with brokers!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So happy you decided to start blogging! this is a great post! :)

    ReplyDelete